Gifted and Talented
Welcome to PCK’s Gifted and Talented page. On this page, you will be able to find current and updated information about all things GT, including:
- News and updates about GT programming
- Special events and/or important dates
- Opportunities for parent involvement and training
- Resources for GT learners and their families
Below, please find some links that you might find helpful.
- DCSD Gifted Programming Website
- Douglas County Association of Gifted and Talented (DCAGT)
- Colorado Association of Gifted and Talented (CAGT)
- National Association for Gifted Children (NAGC)
- Supporting Emotional Needs of the Gifted
- Colorado Department of Education – Gifted Information
- Parker Core Knowledge Gifted Referral Form
For questions or assistance, please contact PCK’s GT Coordinator, Dr. Kristen Goode.
- Parents will be receiving information about ALP development for the 20-21 school year over the next few weeks. ALP’s will be complete no later than September 30, 2020.
- Fall CogAT testing has been postponed due to COVID concerns. It has tentatively been rescheduled for November, but that is not yet written in stone. More information will come out in the next couple of months.
- If your child loves to write, here’s a lesson on writing a screenplay.
- MENSA for Kids has a great reading program for kids that’s broken down by age that’s a great resource for children who love to read.
- Many children have a lot of anxiety surrounding COVID-19. NAGC has provided some suggestions on how to support your gifted child during this.
- A tutorial to draw some very convincing 3D stairs!
CAGT Art Contest
For more information, please view this informational flyer. Submissions are due Friday, October 2nd, 2020.
Center for Bright Kids
The mission of the Center for Bright Kids is to provide access and opportunities for K-12 students with high interest and/or high ability in quality enrichment and acceleration programming that encourage self-growth, social responsibility, and a positive view toward lifelong learning. See more details by visiting the website HERE.