Gifted and Talented
Welcome to PCK’s Gifted and Talented page. On this page, you will be able to find current and updated information about all things GT, including:
- News and updates about GT programming
- Special events and/or important dates
- Opportunities for parent involvement and training
- Resources for GT learners and their families
Below, please find some links that you might find helpful.
- DCSD Gifted Programming Website
- Douglas County Association of Gifted and Talented (DCAGT)
- Colorado Association of Gifted and Talented (CAGT)
- National Association for Gifted Children (NAGC)
- Supporting Emotional Needs of the Gifted
- Colorado Department of Education – Gifted Information
- Parker Core Knowledge Gifted Referral Form
For questions or assistance, please contact PCK’s GT Coordinator, Dr. Kristen Goode.
- If your child loves to write, here’s a lesson on writing a screenplay.
- MENSA for Kids has a great reading program for kids that’s broken down by age that’s a great resource for children who love to read.
- Many children have a lot of anxiety surrounding COVID-19. NAGC has provided some suggestions on how to support your gifted child during this.
- A tutorial to draw some very convincing 3D stairs!
Center for Bright Kids
The mission of the Center for Bright Kids is to provide access and opportunities for K-12 students with high interest and/or high ability in quality enrichment and acceleration programming that encourage self-growth, social responsibility, and a positive view toward lifelong learning. See more details by visiting the website HERE.